Monday, October 6, 2014

New Indices

When I saw how frequently the categorized indices on my other kid lit blog Randomly Reading were visited, I began to think about doing the same thing for The Children's War.  Little did I realized what a project that would be, but it is done now.

Aside from the Index - always a work in progress, which lists posts by month, there are now 7 new categorized indices (I never used that word before and now I've used it twice).  They are:

Picture Book Index
Chapter Book Index
Middle Grade Index
YA and YA/Adult Index
World War I Index
From the Archives, Movie Matinee, Sunday Funnies, Your Hit Parade, and Telly Time are Indexed together
Weekly Cooking and other interesting bits are also indexed together


Book reviews are loosely categorized according to whether they are Historical Fiction, Contemporary Fiction, Speculative Fiction, or Nonfiction.  The Middle Grade Index also includes Interactive and Activity Books.

I haven't included every post (they are listed in the month by month Index, though).  My criteria for including a post is that they had to be about WWII (and occasionally WWI).

My hope is that this will make it easier to find whatever one is looking for.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! A very impressive undertaking. Congratulations on finishing the project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed! I know this was a huge undertaking. Thanks for working on this and making it easier for your readers to find specific posts! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete