Monday, December 26, 2011

Happy Boxing Day! And a Word of Thanks


Well, Christmas is over for another year and I want to thank my Secret Santa Danna at Bananas for Books for the very nice copy of Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld, the wonderful book mark with my initial and the Godiva chocolate bar.  I hope you had a very Merry Christmas, Danna.

And while I am about it, I would like to thank the host of the Book Blogger Holiday Swap, Nicole and the other volunteers who help her make it work so well.

Christmas was lovely and quiet.  I received some wonderful books and can't wait to begin reading them.  I spoke to my daughter in China and met the new boyfriend on Skype, then went to visit a gravely ill old friend who is in hospital.  When I came home and watched on of my favorite holiday movies that no one seems to know, called "Holiday" with Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn.  My very favorite is "Christmas in Connecticut" with Barbara Stanwyk.

Now, its on to the new year, new reading challenges, new books and lots of fun.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I know of Holiday! It's a very fun movie. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you, too. I love Holiday, it is a fun movie.

    ReplyDelete