Wednesday, January 26, 2011

How to Make a Side by Side Image.

1- Open a new post.  Don't write any text yet.
2- Click on insert image and upload the images you want side by side.  When you have all the images, right click on the first and go the properties to get the URL address from wherever you save your images.  Highlight the URL and copy it.  I put mine in a word document.  Do this for each image. 
3- Using the HTML code shown below for the images, rreplace the red areas with your own information.  You may have to play around with the values for the height and width.  I used height 400 and width 240 for the images below.
4- Copy what you have done and paste it into the Edit HTML area.  Save it and you should be able to see what you have done in the preview.
5- If it doesn't work, check what you have written in the areas I have in red.

Blitzcat

Going Solo

I don't know why, but when I pasted the HTML into the Edit HTML area where I wanted the images, they were blurry when I checked them in Preview and Compose.  I found that clicking the images to caption them created a large space under them that would throw the alignment of the second image off and I could not get it aligned again.  Blogger can be very frustrating.

For these smaller images, I changed the height and width values to 200h and 120w
Be careful writing text around the images.  If you get too close to them, the text will only go as far as the second image and again throw off the alignment.

name “Blitzcat

Going Solo

I couldn't simply write the HTML into this post with Blogger wanting to do something with and telling me it couldn't be save because my tags had errors.  So I printed it from Word, scanned it as a JPEG file and uploaded it that way.  If you click the instructions they will enlarge for reading. 
Also, if you upload images to Blogger the URL will only be good for that post.  Once you close it by saving or publishing, the URL no longer works for future use.
I am actually not sure all the things that can go wrong are worth the effort.  But then, I am not an HTML expert and maybe there are ways around  the problems.  You would think Blogger could come up with something better.

3 comments:

  1. I've worked around it by uploading a bunch of images all in a row to the right or the left...but I'm never certain, with blogger, if it will actually show up when other people look the post the same way it does when blogger and I are home alone together. Your way sounds more certain, but kind of complicated....still, I'll give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can email the basic HTML in a word document that you an use to fill in, cut and paste. I couldn't do it on Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have issues with blogger and images too. My solution is to use Publisher to create one image using the several that I want to post.

    Nothing seems quick and easy and as mentioned, the results in Blogger aren't predictable.

    Glad you figured this out although it is a little daunting to think of following those steps.

    Good of you to share!

    ReplyDelete